Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Self-Publishing Success Stories: John Locke

The first self-published author to sell over 1 million Kindle ebooks.

What's else can I share with you?

He wrote a book about it, aptly titled:

"How I Sold 1 Million eBooks in 5 Months"



Here's an interesting excerpt from the Huffington Post "John Locke, 'Donovan Creed' Author, On Selling A Million eBook"
For Locke, writing is less about art and more about churning out pulp fiction for fun and profit. "I'm not trying to change anyone's life or educate them, and I don't want my books to be studied in school," he said. "I decided I wanted to be the world's greatest 99-cent author."

Locke denies media accounts that say he initially priced his books at $2.99 then cut the rate when they didn't sell. "It was always 99 cents, and it took nine months before anyone bought anything," he said. "It wasn't a matter of price point but word of mouth, people telling others, one sale at a time. 
. . . . 
 "One author said I'm driving down the quality of books all over the world by pricing mine at 99 cents," said Locke. "So if I price it for $1,000 would the quality of writing in America go up? It's the same flippin' book. You write your book your way and price it your way."
Read the whole article here:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/05/john-locke-donovan-creed-_n_1317237.html



Highlighting some of the author's books:





Back to Main Page
Link to Top 100 Books Ranking (by genre) as rated by Readers


No comments:

Post a Comment