Thursday, April 5, 2012

Self-Publishing Success Stories: Andy Straka

Excerpt from Straight From Hel Blog (June 4, 2011)

I decided three and a half weeks ago to try lowering the price of my five ebook titles to .99 each, just to see what happened as I begin some promotion work this summer. In looking at the numbers, I figured I had to increase my sales to 120 copies per month to match the small income I was receiving from the same books at $2.99.
The experiment has been a success. I've sold over 400 copies in the last three weeks, and if current trends continue will easily eclipse 500 copies for the month. A number of these titles sold in excess of 10,000 copies when they were first released years ago, but to have them find new life as ebooks is especially gratifying. I can't wait to see how things develop as my new books are released over the course of the next few months.

Fast forward to March 2012, the author shared with other writers on the Kindleboards Writers' Cafe that he has sold "over 50,000 in past ten months."  Congratulations on your success.


Highlighting some of the author's books:






Back to Main Page
Link to Top 100 Books Ranking (by genre) as rated by Readers


No comments:

Post a Comment