Sunday, April 1, 2012

Self-Publishing Success Stories: Delle Jacobs

Excerpt from Gem State Writers "CAN ANYONE BE PUBLISHED? by Delle Jacobs"

Unbeknownst to me, two of my books had been picked for Kindle Free Reads, and in five days they each downloaded over 10,000 copies (for which I was paid). All of my books jumped in sales, and surprisingly they kept on selling for the next month.  [. . .]  But they were dwindling, so I decided to do a 99 cent sale to see if I could boost them high enough to catch the after-Christmas rush. I expected a rush but I had no idea how big it would be. My sales suddenly rose to several hundred books an hour, and stayed at least fairly high for months.

I’m approaching my 2 year mark in self-publishing now, and I’ve had six books hit the Amazon Top Seller lists, some going to the top of the Romances list and others moving high into the Amazon Top 100 list. Some times my sales are huge. Other times they suck.

This successful author also gave her advice for new readers out there.  Please go here to read:
 http://gemstatewriters.wordpress.com/2011/11/25/can-anyone-be-published-by-delle-jacobs/


Highlighting some of the author's books:



Back to Main Page
Link to Top 100 Books Ranking (by genre) as rated by Readers


No comments:

Post a Comment